Jun 3, 2007

Hear ye, hear ye

jo says: ...so since it's 1.30am in the morning and i have absolutely nothing productive to do, ive decided to give this a little prep up:)

and to add to that, we havent gotten any real pictures of ugly people we can diss or cool people we would like to become one day, i shall just randomly type whatever comes to mind. :)

here's the story of us:
we met one day in the likes of tanjong katong secondary school, in our green skirts and ah lian white shirts. mary was scared of me, and i thought she had an attitude. but one day, because of a love of dance, hip hop and theatre, we ended up being the best of friends of which lasted through out nearly 10 years. we endured bad boyfriends, family horrors and depressing lives. and a shared love for starbucks, dance, partying, getting wasted, shopping, nyc, and not to mention, fashion and makeup. hence, this blog.
though we are separated over vast oceans and a million miles, our friendship stands strong, since we're almost practically married. haha. but if anything, our love for pretty clothes, comfy shoes, green/black eyeshadows, victoria's secrets and wet seal, is what keeps us strong. so if we see anyone violating fashion decorum by spotting vpl (god the horror), cellulite in fishnets (oh the memory of fishnets girl), harajuku wannabes, all won't be spared from our wrath. yet on the other hand, if we see anyone with an amazing sense of style ala sienna miller/nicole richie (it's supposed to be our secret fetish but you know.. actually, mine is paris hilton although mary hates her)/rachel bilson, or someone being able to pull off a vintage outfit that WE ourselves cant pull off, we might secretly hate them for their stick insect figures, but of course, truly, we'll adore them:)
so look out world, cos u wouldnt wanna look unattractive and pardon my singaporean-ness, totally 'tak glam' and risk a chance showing up here do u?:)


mary says: We're finally taking our passion for judging people's sense of style online, after years of discussing it over coffee and laughing and pointing. I think it's about time.

Here's a little about me:

Born and raised in Singapore, but have since moved to Texas for college and will probably spend the remainder of my days in the good ol' United States of America. I'm an English major who likes to make jewelry and hope that someone will hire me eventually, otherwise I'll just open a coffee shop and be a cool, indie coffee shop owner who wears hippie headbands. ;) I can be an incredible nerd and a total stickler for details...so yes, I'm a bit of a control-freak and yes, girl-on-top is my favorite position. Ha!

I like skinny jeans, graphic tunic dresses, all kinds of headgear, huge sunglasses, huge-r handbags, green-eyed men, pointy-toed pumps or sky-high heels, chunky necklaces and tights. And that's just on me. I like chicks who wear vests and tweed shorts, sneakers with a wrap dress, tuxedo pants with vintage blouses, oh, and accessories, accessories, accessories. I'm all about the (classy) bling! And I love makeup...and fortunately, I'm quite good at it, which is like false advertising for men ;)

how about you Jo?

jo: as mary's jolly minion, i shall write abit about myself:)

hi my name is joanne, but everyone knows me as 'jo'. ive lived in boring ol' singapore for pretty much all my life and hating it. i've always considered new york city my home, and would want to relocate there after i graduate, or whenever, just as long as someone can get me out of this HOLE..but if not, im your average singaporean with big dreams but too small a city for me to become accomplished. i watch too much friends and sex and the city, hence, feel that singapore's far too boring for me. i'm a communications major, but i really want to become an art history major. i havent thought about what i want to do after ive graduated because my mind is fickled and it changes from time to time. i like fashion writing but it pays peanuts, i wanna be in public relations but sometimes think i can't handle the scene, i wanna work for an art museum but yet think that that dream seems abit too far-fetched, just because. so yeah, no concrete plans whatsoever as of now, but i do know that i can be pretty happy owning my own cafe, selling smoothies (that's the real deal, and not powdered junk), coffee, books, clothes, knick-knacks, whatever.

i like tunics because i can wear them as dresses due to my stunted growth(i'm not abnormal, im just vertically challenged), skinny jeans, booty shorts (do.not.judge.me), babydoll tops, trapeze dresses, all things vintage and pretty, flip flops and flats. i dont do well with heels cos i like to dance and party, so i cant deal with blisters that would bleed puss after. i like to change the colour of my hair cos it's long, straight and awfully boring. and i love the sun (but mary hates that about me, haha).

that's pretty much the story of my life. i like sushi and i love mary :)

No comments: