Nov 1, 2007

got ink?


I am at it yet again ladies and gentlemen. That's right, i'm thinking of getting inked. It could be probably be a procrastination on my part from the onslaught of work i have yet to finish and stress from the coming exams of which i havent studied for, but watching Miami Ink has once again managed to conjure up my desire for another tattoo.

I remember laying on the table and telling elson (my tattoo artist) that the tattoo i was getting then was probably going to be my only tattoo, ever. Of course, being the cynic and skeptical individual that he is, he said i'll be back for more. And I can't say he was wrong.

I really don't know what it is about tattoos that is so alluring. and in this day and age, the stigma of having tattoos are still omnipresent. But I really do believe it truly is an artform. And these tattoo artists, they really are dedicated to their line of work. It isn't all fun and games and I know that they put alot of hardwork into what they do, because to them it isn't just tattooing, it's an art. And I love that, I love their devotion and time to creating art, since I am art lover myself. And in Chris Nunez's words from Miami Ink, what is better than to have your artwork put permanently on someone else?

The pain of getting a tattoo isn't exactly a walk in the park, but the results of all that excruciating pain, and hours of not feeling your ass, is definitely worth all that.

Of course, I do believe everything should be done in moderation. There are some people covered with tattoos all over but without putting much thought into what they put on their body. I do believe every tattoo has to have a meaning, a representation of who you are, a dedication to someone, something. And this is exactly why I love tattoos, because they tell a story. And I want to be able to look at that tattoo and know that it holds a special meaning to me, to someone, to something. That, to me, is the beauty of tattoos.

So what's next on my list of conquest? Stars on my foot, that's a definite. And hopefully, a full sleeve when I am older, with a job secure enough to ensure that the sleeve wouldnt hinder my line of work, like owning my own business, hopefully with my best friend in good ol' texas! (: or being somewhere in the creative industry. a full sleeve, woah, tough waters to be treading in, especially for a girl. but hey, dare to dream baby. dare to dream(:

3 comments:

yunwen said...

the mermaid one is nice!!!!

Anonymous said...

WE NEED TO FIND A WAY TO GET OUR FREE TATOOS!!!

Anonymous said...

get more tattoos! i'm gonna get the five Chinese elements one day... oh and hi!